SeroTrex provided by NeuroScience Inc., chewable tablets with ingredients important for mood and reducing stress. The primary excitatory neurotransmitter in the brain. Glutamatergic signaling underlies mechanisms related to anxiousness and stress.
Glutamate, anxiousness, and stress
Glutamate is associated with anxiousness and stress.
- Stress activates the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis which releases glucocorticoids that affect brain function.
- Studies have shown that the brains of both pediatric and geriatric populations are particularly susceptible to stress.
L-theanine acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist.
- L-theanine binds to glutamate receptors (AMPA, kainate, and NMDA receptors) and blocks the binding of glutamate to its receptors.
L-theanine improves sleep efficiency
The effects of L-theanine were assessed in randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies.
- In individuals 8-12 years of age, L-theanine (200 mg) twice daily (morning and afternoon) significantly increased sleep efficiency (percentage of night spent sleeping restfully) and reduced nocturnal motor activity.
- In adults, single administration of L-theanine (200 mg) significantly reduced feelings of stress under mental strain.
Chew 1-2 SeroTrex tablets up to twice daily or as directed. Do not exceed suggested use. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult one of our health coach professionals before use.