This product provided by NeuroScience contains a blend of ingredients shown to improve mood and reduce stress. Serotonin and its receptors are an integral part of many physiological functions in the nervous, endocrine, and gastrointestinal systems. Serotonin is important for regulating mood and sleep-wake function.
TravaCor, serotonin, and methylation
TravaCor contains ingredients important for serotonin and melatonin synthesis.
- 5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin and melatonin.
- Vitamin B6 is a cofactor required for the conversion of 5-HTP to serotonin.
- Vitamin C and 5-MTHF (from Quatrefolic®) help protect and regenerate tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4) from oxidation.
- 5-MTHF and vitamin B12 are important for methylation processes including the synthesis of serotonin and melatonin.
One serving (3 capsules) of TravaCor contains vitamins at 50% (folate), 67% (C), 450% (B6), and 500% (B12) of the recommended daily value.
TravaCor contains proven ingredients
In a randomized, double-blind study, supplementation with 5-HTP was shown to improve mood as measured by improvements in HAM-D scores.
- 5-HTP increased in increments from 150 mg daily during the first 2 weeks, 300 mg daily the following 2 weeks, and 400 mg daily the remainder of the study.
In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, L-theanine was shown to significantly reduce feelings of stress compared to placebo.
- Following single administration, L-theanine significantly reduced feelings of stress under mental strain.
TravaCor contains 5-HTP and L-theanine in amounts that meet and exceed those used in the above studies.
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
Take 1-3 capsules one to two times daily or as directed. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult one of our Health Coaches before use.