NeuroBiota by NeuroScience Inc. is a combination of two uniquely designed blends of shelf-stable probiotics important for the gut-brain axis, improvement of mood, neurotransmitter synthesis, and balancing the immune response.
The brain receives neurotransmitters synthesized in the gut and promotes gut health through motility, immune health, and tight junction function. The enteric nervous system contains 5x as many neurons as the spinal cord and helps relay messages from the brain to the gut. Proper gut health promotes balanced immune function, healthy neurotransmitter production, and improved digestion.
The microbiota helps regulate neurotransmitter synthesis and gut health
The gut creates and stores a significant number of neurotransmitters and neurotransmitter receptors.
- The gut contains more than 90% of the body’s serotonin and more than 50% of the body’s dopamine.
- GABA receptors along the gastrointestinal tract help modulate gut motility, gastric emptying, and immune function.
A properly balanced microbiota is essential to promote general GI health and neurotransmitter levels.
- The microbiota regulates key neurotransmitter levels including GABA, norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin.
- Conversely, a poor microbiota can directly impact serotonin migration to the brain and expression of brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF) as seen in vivo.
Benefits of Specific Strains in NeuroBiota
Certain probiotics influence neurotransmitter production and emotional well-being more than other strains.
- Of the 91 strains tested, only 5 produced GABA, and L. brevis produced the most GABA.
- In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, B. longum and L. helveticus were shown to improve mood and stress (as measured by HAD scores) and decrease cortisol more than twice the control.
Including a variety of lactobacilli strains can help to improve the immune response and gut integrity.
- L. rhamnosus (GG) has been found to promote proper intestinal barrier function and support general gut-health.
- An in vivo study found that a postbiotic created by L. rhamnosus (GG) helped modulate intestinal barrier function by regulating immune factors like TNF-a.
NeuroBiota contains 7 unique and diverse lactobacilli strains to help populate the microbiota and provide specific strains important for emotional well-being.
Take 1 capsule daily or as directed by one of our health coach professionals before use. Do not exceed suggested use.