Calm CP by NeuroScience Inc. decreases cortisol levels and provides ingredients important for calm, sleep, and management of blood sugar. In response to stress, the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis signal to the adrenals to release catecholamines (norepinephrine and epinephrine) and cortisol.
Calm CP addresses prolonged stress associated with dysregulation of the HPA axis, which can affect catecholamine and cortisol levels.
Stress, cortisol, and weight
Cortisol secretion follows a marked circadian pattern and increases in response to stress through activation of the HPA axis.
- Adipocytes (fat cells) play a major role in the body’s production of cortisol.
High stress has been linked to less healthy dietary behaviors and increased body weight.
- Cortisol inhibits the secretion and actions of insulin (glucose uptake, central appetite reduction).
- Cortisol promotes the maturation of adipocytes (fat cells).
- Up-regulation of the enzyme 11β-HSD1 promotes fat accumulation by increasing cortisol levels.
- Elevated bedtime cortisol levels are associated with increased abdominal fat.
A randomized study with corosolic acid was shown to significantly lower blood glucose levels.
- 10 subjects were prescreened and selected to receive corosolic acid once daily for 15 days.
- Blood glucose levels were 20-30% lower after two weeks.
The effectiveness of Calm CP was analyzed in a study
- Participants were prescreened for elevated cortisol levels.
- 2 capsules twice daily for 4 days significantly lowered total daily cortisol levels (area under the curve – AUC) compared to baseline values.
- Decreased mean daily cortisol levels by 17%
- 71% of participants reported they would take again
- Banaba leaf extract
Take 2 capsules one to two times daily or as directed. Do not exceed suggested use. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult one of our health coach professionals before use.
Though I don’t typically believe in 5 star ratings, these products certainly deserve at least 4.5 stars! I have personally used them for over 12 years and absolutely love them! HPA axis Neuro/Endo testing has become a mainstay in establishing baseline neurotransmitter and hormone values while enabling our health coaches to implement neurotransmitter modulation protocols for all of our clients. I highly recommend taking your health and wellness to the next level and incorporating testing into your program.