Balance D by NeuroScience Inc. contains ingredients important for the synthesis of dopamine, a catecholamine important for positive affect, mood, cognition, and craving control. A class of neurotransmitters responsible for many functions in the nervous and endocrine systems.
Catecholamines play an important role in mood, energy, memory, attention, and cognition.
Dopamine is important for craving control
Dopaminergic function is critical in the regulation of cravings, reward based behaviors, and weight management.
- Dopamine release from the ventral tegmental area (VTA) to the nucleus accumbans is the primary pathway in which reward based behaviors such as cravings are modulated.
- Impaired signaling from decreased dopamine release or receptors (DRD2) is thought to reduce sensitivity to natural reward-based behavior in vitro.
Balance D provides ingredients to support dopamine synthesis.
- N-acetyl-L-tyrosine and Mucuna cochinchinensis seed extract (99% L-DOPA) are amino acid precursors to dopamine.
- Vitamin B6 is a necessary cofactor for the synthesis of dopamine.
Formulated for a comprehensive pathway approach
Produced in excess, dopamine is oxidized into quinones, free radicals, and reactive oxygen species (ROS).
- Quinones react with glutathione (GSH) and deplete levels of the reduced GSH and total antioxidant capacity.
- Excessive production of ROS and decreased antioxidant function contributes to cellular damage, dysfunction, and/or death.
Balance D contains ingredients for the synthesis of glutathione
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine is the precursor to L-cysteine; L-cysPtoeisntesyisnanpti amino acid precursor in the synthesis of glutathione.
- Selenium is a micronutrient that helps to comprise selenoproteins; these proteins are crucial for brain function and the enzyme glutathione peroxidase (GPx).
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
Take 1-2 capsules one to two times daily or as directed. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult one of our health coach professionals before use.