ThyroMend, provided by Douglas Laboratories, is a formula of iodine containing seaweeds and herbs which contain phytothyroidogenic properties, as well as phyto-thyroid-receptor agonists.
This formulation is designed to promote optimal function of thyroid hormones by maintaining the health of thyroid hormone producing tissues and by supporting the healthy function of tissues that respond to thyroid hormones.
ThyroMend is a Hormone Specific Formulation formulated by Dr Joseph J Collins, created to support the optimal function of specific hormones through the use of hormone specific adaptogens, hormone specific agonists and hormone specific functional mimetics.
This formulation may be used to as part of a hormone health program with dietary and nutrient support.
In addition, this formulation may be used by clinicians as an adjuvant to support optimal hormone health in patients who have been prescribed bioidentical hormone replacement therapies, including thyroid replacement therapy.
The primary functions of ThyroMend gland, and to support how tissues throughout the body respond to thyroid hormones. This is accomplished by providing support for each of the seven steps involved in thyroid function.
The synergistic combination of specific seaweeds and herbs in ThyroMend support these Seven Important Actions associated with optimal thyroid health:
- Provide bio-available iodine for thyrocytes
- Promote iodine uptake by thyrocytes through interactions with sodium-iodide-symporter (NIS) proteins
- Promote T3 & T4 production and secretion from thyrocytes
- Promote conversion of thyroxine (T4) to the more bioactive triiodothyronine (T3) by liver cell and other peripheral cells
- Promote RXR/TR heterodimerization of thyroid receptors on target cells
- Promote binding of thyroid hormone receptors to DNA by RXR/TR heterodimers
- Promote action T3 on target gene expression
By supporting thyroid functions, this synergistic formulation supports the health of tissues which respond to optimal thyroid health. This support can also help maintain ideal metabolic rate, maintain normal blood lipids and sugar levels, and support memory and mood.
ThyroMend may be a useful dietary supplement for individuals wishing to support healthy thyroid production and function.
Serving size – 2 v.caps – 4 v.caps
- Iodine – 200 mcg – 400 mcg (from seaweed blend)
Proprietary Blend – 1,300 mg – 2,600 mg
- Seaweed Blend (Ascophyllum nodosum & Fucus vesiculosus, entire plant)
- Standardized Guggulipid (Commiphora mukul, gum resin, 2.5% guggulsterones)
- Standardized Bacopa (Bacopa monnieri, aerial parts, 20% bacosides)
- Standardized Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera, root, 1.5% withanolides & 1% alkaloids)
- Standardized Hops(Humulus lupulus aerial parts, 5% alpha bitter acid)
- Coleus forskohlii(root, standardized to 10% forskolin)
- Sage (Salvia officinalis, leaf)
- Standardized Rosemary extract (Rosmarinus officinalis, aerial parts, 6% carnosic acid)
Other Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule), dicalcium phosphate, vegetable stearate, silica are to support the natural production of thyroid hormones by the thyroid.
As a dietary supplement, adults may take 2 capsules each day with food for 1 to 2 weeks or as directed by one of our health coach professionals. The dose may then be increased to 4 capsules each day with food for 2 to 4 months or as directed by your healthcare professional.
After 2 to 4 months dosage may be lowered back down to 2 capsules each day with food and may continue on that dosage as needed or as directed by your healthcare professional.
WARNING: Keep out of reach of children. Not to be used by pregnant or nursing women without consent of their healthcare professional.
For optimal storage conditions, store in a cool, dry place. (59°–77 F/15 -25 C)
There are no reviews yet.