Calm PRT by NeuroScience Inc. contains ingredients important for sleep, regulating the stress response, and reducing anxiousness. In response to stress, the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis signal to the adrenals to release catecholamines (norepinephrine and epinephrine) and cortisol.
Prolonged stress is associated with dysregulation of the HPA axis, which can affect catecholamine and cortisol levels.
HPA axis and norepinephrine interventions
Increased activity from the HPA axis in response to stressors leads to a “fight or flight” effect, including increased levels of norepinephrine.
- Patients with anxiousness and altered learning show increased HPA axis sensitivity, leading to persistently high levels of urinary norepinephrine.
- Elevated levels of norepinephrine can disrupt circadian rhythm, perpetuating stress, anxiousness, and fatigue.
Calm PRT contains ingredients important for reducing norepinephrine and cortisol during anxiousness and stress.
- A meta-analysis of 91 people demonstrated a significant decrease in norepinephrine following use (p<0.01)
- Additionally, a meta-analysis showed Calm PRT significantly decreased evening cortisol in 106 people (p<0.01).
Highest rosavin standardization
Rhodiola, with high amounts of rosavins, has been shown to regulate the stress response by interacting with the HPA system.
- While the overall amount of a botanical is important, the standardization, or actual amount of active ingredient within a given botanical, is crucial to the efficacy of the product.
- Many products claim to contain sizable amounts of Rhodiola but use lower standardizations of rosavins, resulting in low amounts of rosavins in the product.
In a meta-analysis of public formulas, this product contains the highest standardization of rosavins on the market, providing more milligrams of the active component per serving compared to other Rhodiola containing products.
- This product delivers 112.5 mg of rosavins per serving, more than triple the closest competitor and provides significant results for patients with poorly managed stress and anxiousness.
- Rhodiola (9-15% rosavins)
Take 3-4 capsules one to two times daily or as directed. Do not exceed suggested use. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult one of our health coach professionals before use.