AdreCor by Neuroscience contains non-glandular ingredients important for adrenal health and reducing stress-induced fatigue. In response to stress, the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis signal to the adrenals to release catecholamines (norepinephrine and epinephrine) and cortisol.
Prolonged stress is associated with dysregulation of the HPA axis, which can affect catecholamine and cortisol levels.
AdreCor and adrenal health
- Contains amino acids and vitamins important for the synthesis of adrenal hormones and neurotransmitters.
- 5-MTHF (from Quatrefolic®) and vitamin B12 are important for methylation processes including the synthesis of catecholamines.
- Niacin, vitamin C, and 5-MTHF help protect and regenerate tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4) from oxidation.
- Pantothenic acid is the precursor to coenzyme A (CoA), a coenzyme important for the energy production and hormone synthesis.
- Cortisol induces the conversion of norepinephrine to epinephrine.
- Catecholamines play an important role in mood, energy, memory, attention and cognition.
Catecholamines, stress, and fatigue
Catecholamines are involved in the central and peripheral stress responses.
- The locus coeruleus is the primary source of norepinephrine in the brain and is involved in the initiation of the central stress response.
- Depletion in catecholamines has been associated with fatigue and decreased vigor.
- AdreCor contains ingredients important for reducing stress-related fatigue and increasing norepinephrine.
- In a randomized, double-bind, placebo-controlled study, Rhodiola Rosea was shown to significantly improve mental fatigue and general well-being under stress.
- A meta-analysis demonstrated a significant increase in norepinephrine following the use of AdreCor.
- Green tea leaf extract
- Rhodiola (5% rosavins)
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
Take 1-3 AdreCor capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider. Do not exceed suggested use. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult with one of our Health Coaches before use.