Table of Contents
Digest DTX by NeuroScience Inc. is formulated with digestive enzymes and botanicals to break the toxin-induced immune cycle through improved digestion, aided detoxification, and balanced immune function.
The brain receives neurotransmitters synthesized in the gut and promotes gut health through motility, immune health, and tight junction function. The enteric nervous system contains 5x as many neurons as the spinal cord and helps relay messages from the brain to the gut. Proper gut health promotes balanced immune function, healthy neurotransmitter production, and improved digestion.
Food antigens and the immune system
Undigested food antigens can travel across a weakened epithelial barrier to trigger the immune response.
- Factors such as stress, immune activity, poor diet, and microbial imbalance can cause tight junctions to fluctuate.
- Loosened tight junctions perpetuate antigens crossing into the blood stream, triggering an immune response.
A continually up-regulated immune response can further disrupt the epithelial barrier.
- TNF-α has been shown to regulate the epithelial barrier in a human intestinal cell line.
- Turmeric and apple cider vinegar can work to regulate TNF-α and modulate the immune response.
Digest DTX helps break the toxin-induced immune cycle by providing ingredients to digest food antigens, reduce the immune response, and improve detoxification.
Enzymes, Antigens and proper pH
Enzyme activity should mimic natural digestion, through the acidic conditions of the stomach to the intestines.
- Enzyme activity should mimic natural digestion, through the acidic conditions of the stomach to the intestines
- An enzyme should break down the targeted antigen effectively at the pH of the targeted digestion site
The enzymes in Digest DTX are tailored to break down multiple food antigens in their optimal pH, starting in the stomach and along the digestive tract.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cilantro leaf
- Zinc carnosine
- Digestive enzymes