AdreCor with Licorice Root
AdreCor with Licorice Root by Neuroscience increases cortisol levels and provides non-glandular ingredients important for adrenal health, energy, wakefulness, and stress management. In response to stress, the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis signal to the adrenals to release catecholamines (norepinephrine and epinephrine) and cortisol.
Prolonged stress is associated with dysregulation of the HPA axis, which can affect catecholamine and cortisol levels.
AdreCor with Licorice Root and adrenal health
Contains amino acids and vitamins important for the synthesis of adrenal hormones and neurotransmitters.
- 5-MTHF (from Quatrefolic®) and vitamin B12 are important for methylation processes including the synthesis of catecholamines.
- Niacin, vitamin C, and 5-MTHF help protect and regenerate tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4) from oxidation.
- Pantothenic acid is the precursor to coenzyme A (CoA), a coenzyme important for energy production and hormone synthesis.
- Cortisol induces the conversion of norepinephrine to epinephrine.
Catecholamines play an important role in mood, energy, memory, attention and cognition
Cortisol, HPA axis, and fatigue
Cortisol awakening response (CAR) refers to the sharp increase in cortisol levels observed immediately following awakening
- CAR function is thought to be important in regaining arousal after sleep and preparing the body for forthcoming bioenergetic demands.
- Cortisol curves lacking a robust CAR are indicative of HPA axis dysregulation and have been correlated with feelings of fatigue.
AdreCor with Licorice Root increases cortisol levels
- Participants (n = 19) were prescreened for low cortisol levels AdreCor with Licorice Root (3 capsules, twice daily) was taken for four consecutive days.
- Mean total cortisol levels (area under the curve – AUC) were significantly higher on Day 5 compared to Day 0.
- Green tea leaf extract
- Licorice root extract
- Rhodiola (5% rosavins)
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
Take 1-3 AdreCor with Licorice Root capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider. Do not exceed suggested use. If you have cardiovascular concerns or if you are pregnant or nursing, consult one of Health Coaches before use.