Ultra Preventive III
Ultra Preventive III, by Douglas Laboratories, provides a comprehensive vitamin/mineral/trace element formula with bioavailable nutrient forms to support optimal health and wellness.
This formula features Vitamin K2 for bone and vascular health; three forms of vitamin B12 for mitochondrial energy and methylation support; Metafolin L-5-MTHF folate and choline for the homocysteine-methionine cycle; and antioxidants for immune and cellular health.
- Support for optimal health
- Support for daily wellness
Functions and Mechanism of Action
Ultra Preventive III has been carefully developed to contain adequate amounts of vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial nutrients and enzymes. Each ingredient is selected in consideration of its absorbability, competitive relationship with other nutrients, and safety.
The specific nutrients play vital roles and support cellular, heart, cognitive and immune health, among other functions. Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant nutrient. It is essential for connective tissue and bone metabolism, capillary health, and immune function.
Vitamin E is recognized as a fat-soluble antioxidant. It provides cell stabilization and supports cell membranes.
Calcium and magnesium are included in a 1:1 ratio in bioavailable amino acid chelate and citrate forms to support bone and tissue health. Vitamin D is responsible for the absorption of calcium into the blood, and vitamin K2 supports deposition of blood calcium into bones and teeth.
Thus, vitamin K2 is important for the proper distribution and utilization of calcium throughout the body.
This formula contains methylated folate and vitamin B12, which are active forms of these nutrients.
Hydroxycobalamin is a precursor form of vitamin B12 converted in the body to both methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin. While methylcobalamin is found in the cytosol of cells and is predominate in blood and other fluids, adenosylcobalamin is the major form of vitamin B12 stored in the mitochondria of cellular tissues.
Folate is offered in this formula as Metafolin® 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF), the universally metabolized and biologically active form of folate.
Choline acts as a methyl donor for homocysteine and folate metabolism in the methylation cycle following conversion to betaine, and as a structural component of cellular membranes and synthesis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
Choline and inositol are lipotropic factors that support liver function and promote healthy mobilization of fats and bile.
Serving Size 6 Vegetarian Capsules or Tablets (note tablets are double strength)
- Vitamin A – (3,750 / 7500) mcg (30% [1,125 mcg] as vitamin A acetate/70% [2,625 mcg] as beta-carotene)
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) – (500 / 1000) mg
- Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) – (12.5 / 25) mcg (500 IU)
- Vitamin E – (67 / 134) mg (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate)
- Thiamine (as thiamine HCl) – (25 / 50)mg
- Riboflavin – (20 / 40) mg
- Niacin/Niacinamide – (95 / 190) mg
- Vitamin B6 – (25 / 50) mg (as pyridoxine HCl/pyridoxal-5-phosphate complex)
- Folate (as Metafolin, L-5-MTHF) – (667 / 1333) mcg DFE (400 mcg L-5-MTHF)
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin/ – (90 / 180) mcg Hydroxycobalamin/ adenosylcobalamin)
- Biotin – (150 / 300) mcg
- Pantothenic Acid – (50 / 100) mg (as d-calcium pantothenate)
- Choline – (50 /100) mg (from choline bitartrate)
- Calcium (as calcium citrate/ – (175 / 350) mg amino acid chelate complex)
- Iodine (as potassium iodide) – (100 / 200) mcg
- Magnesium (as magnesium citrate/ – (175 / 350) mg amino acid chelate complex)
- Zinc (as OptiZinc monomethionine) – (12.5 / 25) mg
- Selenium – (100 / 200) mcg (as selenium krebs )
- Manganese – (1.5 / 3) mg (as manganese sulfate)
- Chromium – (100 / 200) mcg (as chromium polynicotinate)
- Molybdenum – (50 / 100) mcg (as molybdenum krebs )
- Potassium – (50 / 100) mg (as potassium chloride)
- Betaine (as betaine HCl) – (50 / 100) mg
- Inositol – (50 / 100) mg
- PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) – (25 / 50) mg
- Boron (as boron citrate) – (0.75 / 1.50) mg
- Trace Mineral Complex – (50 / 100) mcg (from seawater)
- Vanadium (as vanadium krebs) – (25 / 50) mcg
- Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7) – (22.5 / 45) mcg
Other ingredients: Hydropropyl methylcellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, ascorbyl palmitate and silica
Krebs = Citrate, Fumarate, Malate, Glutarate, and Succinate Complex
As a dietary supplement, adults take 6 Ultra Preventive III capsules/tablets daily with a meal or as directed by one of our health coach professionals.
If you are pregnant, nursing, have any health condition or taking any medication, particularly blood thinners, consult your health professional before using this product. Discontinue immediately if a burning sensation occurs. Not recommended for people with ulcers.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.