Table of Contents
Multi-Probiotic 15 Billion
Multi-Probiotic 15 Billion capsules from Douglas Laboratories provide 15 billion CFUs of probiotic strains from the lactobacillus and bifidobacterium genera, mixed in a base of prebiotic fructooligosaccharides. These special acid-resistant capsules bypass the stomach and breakdown in the small intestinal fluid to allow targeted release in the intestinal tract.
- Support for the intestinal microflora and immune health
The human gut microflora comprises over 1,000 microbial species, which play a major role in our defense mechanisms, neural system, and brain function. Age, environment, diet, and lifestyle are all factors that may change the gut microbial composition. A balanced gut microbiota is important for metabolic functions and may be achieved through dietary supplementation of probiotics and prebiotics.
Probiotics are live microorganisms, which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host. A prebiotic is a selectively fermented ingredient that results in specific changes in the composition and/or activity of the gut microbiota. For a synergistic action, probiotics are combined with prebiotics to provide health benefits.
Serving Size 1 Vegetarian Acid-Resistant Capsule:
- Multi-Strain Probiotic Blend – 15 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14) – 4.3 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32) – 4.3 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium lactis (HN019) – 1.9 Billion CFU
- Lactococcus lactis (Ll-23) – 1.0 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium longum (Bl-05) – 1.0 Billion CFU
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-02) – 1.0 Billion CFU
- Lactobacillus gasseri (Lg-36) – 1.0 Billion CFU
- Streptococcus thermophilus (St-21) – 0.5 Billion CFU
Digestive and Prebiotic Blend – 210 mg
- FOS (fructooligosaccharides)and Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus fulva)
Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, pectin, glycerol, purified water)
Adults take 1 Multi-Probiotic 15 Billion capsule daily with a meal or as directed by one of our health coach professionals.
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.