Table of Contents
EPA/DHA Vegetarian by Pure Encapsulations provides pre-formed EPA and DHA that do not require conversion for utilization.
This formula contains vegetarian EPA and DHA derived from the marine algae, Schizochytrium sp., offered in a vegetarian capsule. Omega-3 essential fatty acids EPA and DHA are both important for various functions throughout the body.
Research indicates that higher plasma levels of EPA and DHA are associated with cardiovascular health, platelet function, joint comfort and cognitive health. Typical vegetarian sources of omega-3 include leafy vegetables, soybeans and flaxseed, however, these foods provide α-linoleic acid (ALA) with an inefficient conversion to EPA and DHA at 10% or less.
- Ages 18 and up
- Cardiovascular and daily wellness support
- Joint health support.
- Helps maintain healthy blood flow
- Promotes healthy lipid metabolism
- Supports joint health, flexibility and comfort
- Unique vegan/vegetarian algae-derived EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids
- Offered in an enhanced stability vegetarian capsule to protect the oil from oxidation
Serving size 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with a meal
Two vegetarian capsules contain:
- Calories – 10
- Total fat – 1 g
- Algal oil concentrate – 1050 mg
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) – 300 mg
- EPA (eicosopentaenoic acid) – 150 mg
Other ingredients: sunflower seed oil, vegetarian capsule (pullulan), silicon dioxide, rosemary leaf extract, mixed tocopherols, ascorbyl palmitate
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with a meal or as directed by one of our health coach professionals.
Store in a cool, dry place.
If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.