Ultra Preventive X
Ultra Preventive X, Douglas Laboratories’ signature formula and the most comprehensive multivitamin and mineral supplement, with an organic fruit, vegetable and phytonutrient blend.
This unique formula provides antioxidant support and many beneficial nutrients, including carotenoids, flavonoids, polyphenols and bioavailable forms of vitamins and minerals that contribute to optimal health.
Ultra Preventive X has been carefully developed to contain adequate amounts of vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial nutrients and enzymes. Each ingredient is selected in consideration of its absorbability, competitive relationship with other nutrients and long-term safety.
The specific nutrients play vital roles and support cellular health, energy, methylation, the nervous system, and vascular, bone, heart and immune support, among other functions.
Alpha-lipoic acid is a nutritional coenzyme that is involved in energy metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and fats, has physiological functions for healthy blood glucose metabolism, and is able to scavenge a number of free radicals.
Alpha-lipoic acid can also recharge other antioxidant systems such as glutathione and vitamins C and E. Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant nutrient, also protecting cells from oxygen free radical damage. It is essential for connective tissue and bone metabolism, capillary health, and immune function.
Vitamin C works together with vitamin E. Beta-carotene supports vitamin E, recognized as a fat-soluble antioxidant. It provides cell stabilization and supports cell membranes, e.g., in the lungs, eyes, and arteries.
The carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin are important antioxidants in the macula of the eye, as evidenced by recent studies performed by the NIH National Eye Institute.
Research has shown that these important carotenoids are the predominant pigments found in the macula to support healthy vision.
The antioxidant activity of quercetin supports the gastrointestinal tract and immune system. Quercetin increases mucus secretion from gastric cells. The mucus polysaccharide provides a protective buffer for the gastric cells from the low pH of the stomach contents.
Quercetin also supports the normal immune response to antigens. In addition, quercetin reduces the IgE-mediated release from mast cells as well as IgG-mediated histamine release.
Many bioflavonoids, especially rutin and quercetin, support the body’s circulatory system byhelping maintain capillary blood flow and proper vascular permeability, integrity, and resiliency.
N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine is a precursor for the sulfur amino acid cysteine, which is used by the body to synthesize glutathione.
Glutathione is a naturally occurring tripeptide that is a major component of two enzymes: glutathione peroxidase and glutathione reductase, which help scavenge toxic free radicals and reduce peroxidation.
Calcium and magnesium are included in a 1:1 ratio in bioavailable amino acid chelate and citrate forms to support bone and tissue health. Vitamin D is responsible for the absorption of calcium into the blood, and Vitamin K2 deposits the blood calcium into bones and teeth.
Thus, vitamin K2 is important for the proper distribution and utilization of calcium throughout the body.
A significant dose of elemental choline from choline bitartrate is supplied in this formula. Choline acts as a methyl donor for homocysteine and folate metabolism in the methylation cycle following conversion to betaine, and as a structural component of cellular membranes and synthesis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
Choline and inositol are lipotropic factors that support liver function and mobilize fats and bile.
This formula contains methylated B vitamins for increased bioavailability. Hydroxycobalamin is a precursor form of vitamin B12 converted in the body to both methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin.
While methylcobalamin is found in the cytosol of cells and predominates in blood and other fluids, adenosylcobalamin is the major form of vitamin B12 stored in the mitochondria of cellular tissues.
L-methylfolate is the naturally occurring form of folate commonly found in cells and is essential for overall health, as it participates as a cofactor in a reaction that involves the remethylation of homocysteine to methionine.
Unlike synthetic folic acid, L-methylfolate can be used directly by the body, without the need for an additional conversion via the enzyme (5, 10 methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR)).
Ultra Preventive X includes a specialized blend of organic phytonutrients. Chlorella and spirulina are microalgae that supply chlorophyll, carotenes, B-vitamins, and trace elements. Organic fruits and vegetables in powder form provide naturally occurring nutrients and antioxidants to support cellular health.
Green tea with epigallocatechin gallate and grape seed extract provide polyphenol antioxidants for vascular support. Enzymes such as betaine HCL, papain and bromelain aid in the digestion of foods.
Serving Size 4 or 8 tablets:
4 tablets contains:
- Vitamin A (as 67% natural beta carotene and 33% Vitamin A palmitate) – 2250 mcg
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) – 500 mg
- Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) – 500 IU
- Vitamin E (as natural d-alpha tocopheryl succinate plus mixed tocopherols) – 67 mg
- Thiamin (as thiamine HCl) – 50 mg
- Riboflavin (as riboflavin/riboflavin-5-phosphate) – 25 mg
- Niacin/Niacinamide – 95 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl/ pyridoxal-5-phosphate) – 50 mg
- Folate (as L-methylfolate, Metafolin® providing 800 mcg) – 667 mcg DFE
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin/ adenosylcobalamin/hydroxycobalamin) – 250 mcg
- Biotin – 150 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium panthothenate) – 50 mg
- Choline (from choline bitartrate) – 137.5 mg
- Calcium (as calcium citrate/malate/chelate complex) – 210 mg
- Iodine (from kelp) – 100 mg
- Magnesium (as magnesium citrate/chelate complex) – 210 mg
- Zinc (as OptiZinc®, monomethionine) – 12.5 mg
- Selenium (as selenomethionine) – 100 mcg
- Copper (as copper chelate) – 1 mg
- Manganese (as manganese sulfate) – 4.5 mg
- Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate) – 100 mcg
- Molybdenum (as molybdenum krebs††) – 50 mcg
- Potassium (as potassium chloride) – 50 mg
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine – 75 mg
- Betaine HCL – 75 mg
- Inositol – 50 mg
- Quercetin (as dihydrate) – 50 mg
- Lemon Bioflavonoids – 50 mg
- Papain (from Carica papaya, fruit) – 50 mg
- Bromelain (from Anana comosus, pineapple stem) – 25 mg
- Grape seed extract (standardized to 95% polyphenols) – 25 mg
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – 25 mg
- Rutin (from Sophora japonica, flower) – 12.5 mg
- Boron (as boron glycinate) – 1.5 mg
- Vanadium (as Vanadium krebs ) – 25 mcg
- Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7) – 22.5 mcg
Proprietary Organic Fruit and Vegetable blend – 350 mg
- Organic Beet Powder (root)
- Organic Carrot Powder (root)
- Organic Black Currant Powder (fruit)
- Organic Blueberry Powder (fruit)
- Organic Broccoli Powder (whole plant)
- Organic Concord Grape Powder (fruit)
- Organic Collard Greens Powder (leaf)
- Organic Pomegranate Powder (fruit)
- Organic Green Cabbage Powder (whole plant)
- Organic Cranberry Powder (fruit)
- Organic Kale Powder (whole plant)
- Organic Parsley Powder (whole plant)
- Organic Raspberry Powder (fruit)
- Organic Spinach Powder (whole plant)
Organic Phytonutrient Blend
- Organic Spirulina (whole plant) – 50 mg
- Organic Chlorella (whole plant, broken cell wall) – 50 mg
- Organic Green Tea Leaf Extract (standardized to 50% polyphenols, 20% EGCG) – 25 mg
- Lutein (from marigold flower (Tagetes erecta) extract) – 5 mg
- Lycopene (from tomatoes) – 3 mg
- Zeaxanthin Isomers (from marigold flower (Tagetes erecta) extract) – 1 mg
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, palmitate, silica, coating (purified water, hypromellose, glycerin)††Krebs = Citrate, Fumarate, Malate, Glutarate and Succinate Complex.
Metafolin® is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. OptiZinc® is a trademark of Lonza
Non-GMO, Gluten Free
Adults take 4 Ultra Preventive X tablets twice daily or as directed by one of our Health Coaches. This product is best taken with meals.
Consult a health care professional before use if taking blood thinners. Ultra Preventive X is NOT recommended for pregnant or lactating women.
If you have any health conditions or are taking any medication, consult one of our Health Coaches before use.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.