ProgestoMend, provided by Douglas Laboratories®, is a Hormone Specific Formulation of phytoprogesterones, progestogenic adaptogens and functional mimetics of progesterone. This formulation is designed to promote optimal function of progesterone by maintaining the health of progesterone producing glands and by supporting the healthy function of progesterone responsive tissues.
ProgestoMend is a Hormone Specific Formulation provided by Douglas Laboratories® and formulated by Dr. Joseph J Collins, and was created to support the optimal function of specific hormones through the use of hormone specific adaptogens, hormone specific agonists and hormone specific functional mimetics. This formulation may be used as part of a hormone health program with dietary and nutrient support.
In addition, this formulation may be used by clinicians as an adjuvant to support optimal hormone health in patients who have been prescribed bioidentical hormone therapies.
The primary functions of how tissues throughout the body respond to progesterone. This is accomplished by supporting the function of progesterone producing glands, and by supporting the function of progesterone responsive tissues through the use of herbs that have phytoprogesterone properties and herbs that mimic the actions of progesterone.
Progesterone is produced in the adrenal glands of both genders, as well as by the ovaries and corpus luteum in females. While progesterone is also produced in the Leydig cells of the testes, it is typically converted to testosterone.
The synergistic combination of specific herbs in ProgestoMend optimal progesterone health:
- Supports the natural production of progesterone
- Support healthy adrenal function, a major site of progesterone production
- Promote progesterone response in target tissue through the use of herbs with progesterone receptor agonist activity
- Promotes healthy function of bone, heart, brain, breasts, uterus & other progesterone sensitive tissues with progesterone mimetic herbs
- Support healthy inflammation, antispasmodic and anxiolytic properties of progesterone with progesterone mimetic herbs
- Supports healthy brain function, memory, and cognition, and enhances mood while promoting tranquility
ProgestoMend may be a useful dietary supplement for individuals wishing to support healthy progesterone production and function.
Serving Size – 2 v. caps – 4 v.caps
Proprietary Blend – 1,440 mg – 2,880 mg
- Paeonia lactiflora root Extract
(standardized to 10% paeoniflorin)
- Ligusticum wallichii 10:1 root Extract
- Rehmannia glutinosa 7:1 root Extract
- Bupleurum chinensis 5:1 root Extract
- Passion flower
(Passiflora incarnata, standardized to 3.5% vitexin)
- Wild Yam 10:1 root Extract
(Dioscorea villosa, standardized to 10% diosgenin)
- Cramp bark
- Coleus forskohlii root Extract
(standardized to 10% forskolin)
- Vitex agnus-castus berry Extract
(Chasteberry, standardized to 0.5% agnuside and 0.4% aucubin)
Other Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule), dicalcium phosphate, vegetable stearate, silica
As a dietary supplement, adults may take 2 capsules each day with food for 1 to 2 weeks or as directed by one of our health coach professionals.
The dose may then be increased to 4 capsules each day with food for 2 to 4 months. After 2 to 4 months dosage may be lowered back down to 2 capsules each day with food and may continue on that dosage as needed.
WARNING: Not to be used by pregnant or nursing women
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.