Beauty Essentials, by Douglas Laboratories, is a nutrient dense multivitamin and mineral formula enhanced with a special combination of natural plant compounds called polyphenols from green tea, pomegranate, grape, blueberry and olive extracts along with important antioxidants for healthy aging and appearance.
- Foundational vitamins and minerals for daily wellness
- Cellular support and protection for healthy skin aging
Functions and Mechanism of Action
Foundational vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are important for maintaining general health and cellular functions that may affect skin aging and appearance, including hair quality.
Beauty Essentials contains a unique blend of flavonoids and phenolic compounds from olive fruit, grape seed, pomegranate, green tea, quercetin, and blueberry to support healthy cells and skin. These polyphenols have antioxidant activity to quench free radicals caused by environmental stressors that is associated with aging skin.
The vitamins and minerals in this formula also support various physiological functions, including nervous system health, ocular health, bone health, nutrient and hormone metabolism, and glucose utilization.
It also contains alpha lipoic acid, NAC, inositol and choline to complement the neural, cognitive, cardiovascular, liver, and skin health properties of this diverse profile.
Beauty Essentials provides fully chelated minerals for optimal absorption and activated B vitamins, including Metafolin, the naturally occurring universally metabolized form of folate.
Metafolin is chemically identical to the active folate metabolite, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF), the predominant, naturally occurring form of folate in food. Through bypassing several enzymatic activation steps, it is directly usable by the body and provides all the benefits of folic acid.
Serving Size 3 Vegetarian Capsules:
- Vitamin A (as beta carotene) – 1,125 mcg
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) – 250 mg
- Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) – 10 mcg (400 IU)
- Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate) – 34 mg
- Thiamin (as thiamin HCl) (B1) – 25 mg
- Riboflavin (as vitamin B2 and 28% as riboflavin – 17.35 mg
5-phosphate (activated B2))
- Niacin (as niacin and 67% niacinamide) – 37.5 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl and 40% – 10.4 mg
as pyridoxal 5-phosphate (activated B6))
- Folate (as Metafolin, L-5-MTHF) – 667 mcg
(400 mcg L-5-MTHF)
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) – 250 mcg
- Biotin – 400 mcg
- Pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate) (B5) – 25 mg
- Choline (as choline bitartrate) – 20 mg
- Calcium (as calcium citrate) – 150 mg
- Iodine (as potassium iodide) – 100 mcg
- Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) – 75 mg
- Zinc (as zinc picolinate) – 7.5 mg
- Selenium (as selenomethionine) – 100 mcg
- Copper (as copper glycinate) – 1 mg
- Manganese (as manganese aspartate) – 2.5 mg
- Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate) – 50 mcg
- Molybdenum (as molybdenum aspartate) – 50 mcg
- Potassium (as potassium aspartate) – 49 mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (free-form) – 50 mg
- Inositol – 50 mg
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (thioctic acid) – 50 mg
- Boron (as boron glycinate) – 1 mg
- Vanadium (as vanadium aspartate) – 50 mcg
- Blueberry Extract (Vaccinium angustifolium, fruit) – 50 mg
- Pomegranate Extract (Punica granatum, fruit, – 50 mg
standardized to contain 40% punicosides)
- Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis, leaf, – 50 mg
standardized to contain 65% total tea catechins, 23% epigallocatechin (EGCG))
- Olive Extract (Olea europaea, fruit, standardized to – 25 mg
contain 1% hydroxytyrosol)
- Grape Extract (Vitis vinifera, seed, standardized to – 25 mg
contain 92% polyphenols)
- Quercetin – 25 mg
- FloraGLO Lutein – 3 mg
- Zeaxanthin – 500 mcg
- Proprietary Mixed Carotenoids Blend – 212 mcg
(as lutein, lycopene, zeaxanthin)
Other ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methycellulose (vegetarian capsule), ascorbyl palmitate
Adults take 3 capsules, 1-2 times daily with a meal or as directed by one of our health coach professionals.
Take with food. This product may contain a small amount of caffeine from green tea extract. If you have liver problems, consult your health professional before use. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.